Today we are discussing blended learning. Some sites we’ll be using this week are the following:
Here are some sites we will be using this week:
After watching this video, review some of the following sites to determine which would best serve your own content class:
- Blogs: Blogger, WordPress, Edublog
- Wikis: Wikieducator, Wikispaces, Wetpaint, Teachers First Wiki Walkthrough
- Presentations: Powerpoint in the classroom, Slideroll, Slide
- Videocasts: Youtube, Youtube Proxy1, Youtube Proxy2, BlipTV, UStream, Procaster
- Podcasts: iTunes, Podomatic
- Social networks: Ning, Facebook, MySpace
- Aggregators: Google Reader, NetVibes
- Course management systems: Moodle, Ninehub (Free Moodle Host), Sclipo
- AASL Best Web Sites for Teaching and Learning
- How do you feel blended learning can improve instruction and assessment within your own teaching context? What technologies would and wouldn’t work? (include your name when submitting post.)
- Go to our wikispaces and add any links to websites that you currently use, both as a learner and educator.
- As a separate post, but posting to this same thread, answer the questions to the project found in lesson three, exercise six (unit 1).